Saturday, July 18, 2026

This week in the sewing room

Saw a few items moved along to the finish line.   First up a small donation quilt that was being worked on for sometime is now complete.


This was a series of 4 patches in various colour groups joined together.  No border and easy quilting done within a 1/4" inside the squares starting with the middle 4 squares and working out.  

Next finish was the black and white RSC blocks.


There are more black and white scraps so I will endeavour to get one more block completed in the not too distant future.  

This morning felt like it was a good scrap fabric cutting out morning so I set myself up on the kitchen bench with all the necessary equipment complete with audiobook.   


After about an hour of pressing, measuring and cutting 4 piles of various size squares were the result.


This is what one of the scrap baskets looks like after that session.  Sadly  it does not look any less than when I started.  


The kitchen has now been restored back to normal, cutting board, rulers, fabrics etc are all back in the sewing room ready for another cutting session soon.

I have yet to make a start on my aqua RSC blocks for this month.   Maybe they will happen next cutting session.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

3 comments:

  1. It is so lovely to see your sewing projects, and your cut squares have such beautiful patterns...
    We have rain all day long today, it seems...
    So, it’s time to get to work on the fabrics and the sewing machine. I’m really looking forward to it, after a break spent hiking...
    Wishing you a happy Sunday and sending you warm regards.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cutting session. I just completed 2 weeks of cutting sessions while dog sitting. Good job well done for us both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on post reading.
    I see you enjoyed a trip to the fish market .
    Pleased you liked the prawns and oysters, neither are my favorites..

    You had a great session of cutting and managed to make a nice colourful quilt from them.
    Good to be up to date with RSC too.

    ReplyDelete

FNwF

As mentioned in my last post an order came in for 2 bowls cosies which I am pleased to say were finished off when joining in with FNwF last ...